Rich Dossan con Teenage Baseball Umpire: How to Make Great Part-Time Money and Have Fun at Your Job Too: This baseball umpiring book is written for teenagers by a teenage umpire. (English Edition)
Revised for 2018! Why settle for flipping burgers for minimum wage when you can put your knowledge and love of baseball to work? Make more money than most of your teenager friends and work half the hours...starting as young as age 15! Rich Dossan is a 19-year-old paying his own way through college from money he's received over the past four years of umpiring youth baseball games. In this guide, he provides everything you'll need to find, apply for, get started and succeed as a youth baseball umpire.
DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A NATIONAL SHORTAGE OF BASEBALL UMPIRES?
It's true! And, that means almost anyone can quickly and easily find immediate work as a teenge umpire if you know the right steps to take.
Now Any Teenager Can Get Started as a Baseball Umpire and Never Have to Work a Minimum-Wage Job!
SPECIFICALLY, WITH THIS GUIDE YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Find umpire job openings, apply for, and get hired to umpire games in your area.
- Understand all aspects of umpiring specific to being a teenager that your employer might overlook or not have time to teach you.
- Pick your game schedule and days off whenever you want them.
- Manage your first game and overcome nervousness.
- Deal with coaches and parents so they don't take advantage of you.
- Get more game opportunities than other umpires.
- Make even more money umpiring baseball tournaments.
- Get hired even if you rode the bench as a little league player.
- Buy only the equipment you'll need to get started (for cheap!)
- Understand confusing game rules.
- Start a game, including what to say to coaches at the beginning.
- Get used to hearing your own voice so you are confident when making calls.
- Be patient with yourself, coaches, parents, and players.
- Look like you've umpired before even in your first game.
- Handle hostile coaches without going overboard.
- Avoid common mistakes made by beginning umpires.
- Work with other umpires you're assigned to without letting them take advantage of you.
- Stay in control of the game when things get out of hand.
- Gain a good reputation as a quality and reliable umpire and have higher paying umpire jobs come to you!
- Advance to competitive and tournament baseball umpiring for bigger paychecks!
If you love baseball & the outdoors, make sure to read Teenage Baseball Umpire: How to Make Great Part-Time Money and Have Fun at Your Job Too before accepting that part-time job washing dishes or bagging groceries. Umpiring youth baseball may be the perfect seasonal, weekend or even year-round job for you!